If you have forgotten or misplaced your UTSA Blackboard password, you can easily reset it using the self-service password recovery option. You will need to verify your identity by providing certain personal details or having a reset link sent to your UTSA email address. Following these steps will allow you to create a new password and regain access to your Blackboard account.
The password reset page can be found at:
- On the regular UTSA Blackboard login page at https://blackboard.utsa.edu, click “Forgot your password?” below the password field.
- Alternatively, go directly to the URL above.
- This is the self-service password reset site for all UTSA online accounts.
- Select Account Type
On the Password Reset Page:
- Choose “UTSA Online Account” as the account type from the dropdown menu.
- This will allow you to reset the password for your main UTSA Blackboard username and account access.
- Enter your full Blackboard username in firstname.lastname format (e.g. john.doe).
- Click Submit.
Choose Identity Verification Method
To securely reset your password, you will need to verify your identity in one of the following ways:
- Answer security questions – Provide the answers to preset security questions on your account.
- Email verification – A password reset link will be emailed to your UTSA student email account. Click the emailed link to proceed and create a new password.
- Phone verification – Enter a phone number on file to receive a verification code via text or call.
Select your preferred identity confirmation method and follow the prompts to generate a password reset link or code.
Create New Password
Once your identity is verified through the method selected:
- You will be able to create and confirm a new Blackboard password of your choice.
- The new password must meet complexity requirements (minimum 8 characters including uppercase, numbers, symbols).
- Your previous password will be invalidated and this new one will now be active.
- You can now log back into Blackboard using your username and your newly created password.
Contact the UTSA Help Desk if you have any issues resetting your Blackboard password using these self-service steps.